Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are currently looking for a Production Engineer to work in Oakland, CA. 6+ month contract and will have a good chance of extending beyond that. If you are currently interested or know anyone interested please email your word copy resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are looking for a qualified Production Engineer to join our team, working on deploying and maintaining all client services globally. It is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in supporting some of the latest technologies and frameworks, such as node.js, SOLR, Logstash/Elasticsearch, Graphite/InfluxDB, and supporting technologies including Virtualization/Cloud and containers.
What you get to do
We are looking for a passionate and motivated team player that's able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting. The ideal candidate enjoys a fun and very busy work environment, will jump in to debug and fix things, and multitasks and context-switches well. You have the ability to cope with fast-paced and constantly changing environments and are talented across a variety of disciplines including: System Administration, Network Operations, Software Development, Build and Release Engineering, Performance Engineering, Site Operations.
• Ramp up and contribute to the day-to-day operations of client customer-facing systems and backend platforms
• Operate and improve the site by implementing monitoring, automation, redundancy, and business-continuity planning
• Work closely with QA and Development teams to ensure products are built to optimum performance and operability standards, and high-priority issues are reported, triaged, and resolved quickly and correctly
• Deploy software/data updates and enhancements in an agile and very fast-paced environment
• Configure client products on live clusters and optimize their performance
• Closely monitor traffic, functionality, capacity, and performance on all live clusters
• Document processes and procedures with focus on productive operations
• Design and develop tools and automated processes for monitoring, deployments, and data analysis and reporting
• Promptly respond to and investigate problems in the live systems
What you bring to us
• 4+ years of work experience in a fast-paced technical production environment, preferably with an Internet company or ISP
• Prior experience supporting 24x7, highly-available, service-oriented, distributed production systems (>1000 systems), ideally in a virtualized environment
• BS/MS in Computer science or engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• AWS experience preferred
• Production experience managing containers a plus (native Docker/Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesosphere, etc.)
• Substantial experience administering, supporting, debugging, and tuning Unix/Linux, Apache, and industry-standard monitoring systems
• Strong understanding of best practices around Web operations, software development, release engineering, quality assurance
• Strong scripting skills and the ability to write or modify tools in Shell, Python, Perl, etc.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, load-balancers, highly available network servers
• Knowledge of technologies like Logstash, Elasticsearch, Graphite, Grafana, Scribe, Kakfa, and Flume a plus
• Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential
• Strong troubleshooting skills and creative problem solving abilities
• Integration experience and performance analysis skills preferred
• Hands-on experience with revision control, build and release tools (e.g., Subversion, Git, CVS)
• Develop and implement tools to manage production releases, migrate data, and monitor performance/uptime and availability metrics
• Experience with Chef or other configuration management solution a plus
550 Harvest Park Drive, Suite B
Brentwood, CA 94513
Apply by creating/using account